BRP Replacement Application if BRP Lost, Stolen or Damaged

You can make a BRP replacement application only from inside the UK if your Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) has been lost, stolen, damaged or expired.

How to Apply for a Replacement If your BRP Card Is Lost or Stolen

You can report if your Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) is lost, expired or stolen from inside or outside the UK however you can only apply for a BRP replacement from inside the UK. If your BRP card is lost or stolen and it was valid for 3 months or more then you can apply for a replacement of Biometric Residence Permit from inside the UK. You must report it and apply for a replacement within 3 months of losing it.

what is a BRP Card?

A Biometric Residence Permit Card (BRP) is a document issued by the Home Office showing the holder’s immigration status in the UK. A BRP card is a similar size to a bank card and holds biographic details (name, date and place of birth) and biometric information (facial image and fingerprints) of the holder.

Legal Help To Get BRP Replacement

Our experienced immigration lawyers can help you obtain a BRP replacement from inside and outside the UK. If you need a BRP Card replacement, you can contact us.

If you require Immigration Advice Services or help with an immigration problem, please contact +441614644140 or email us at for fast, professional, and affordable immigration advice from our highly experienced UK immigration lawyers. You can book an appointment online for a detailed immigration consultation.

No Matter Where you live, we can help You

No matter where you live, we can deal with your immigration case remotely from our Manchester office. Call us on +441614644140 for immediate help with your immigration application or request a call back. Our highly skilled & experienced immigration lawyers in Manchester specialise in UK Immigration, including work visas, family visas, dependent visas, visitor visas, ILR applications, British citizenship, sponsor licence applications, and much more.

Lost your BRP Card in the UK?

If your lost or stolen BRP was valid for 3 months or more, report it and apply for a replacement. You must do this within 3 months of losing it.

You can be fined up to £1,000 and made to leave the UK if you do not apply for a replacement within 3 months.

Lost your BRP Card outside the UK?

You must report your lost or stolen BRP outside the UK.

You cannot apply for a replacement BRP outside the UK. Instead, you’ll need to apply for a ‘replacement BRP visa’, which lets you re-enter the UK once only. It costs £154.

You can apply for a replacement BRP when you return to the UK. You must do this within 3 months of reporting it lost or stolen unless you have a good reason, for example you were unable to return to the UK in that time.

Our fees for BRP Replacement

We charge a fixed fee starting from £350 to £500 for our professional legal services in relation to the BRP replacement application. The agreed fixed-fee will depend on the complexity of the matter and the casework involved in the matter.

BRP Replacement Processing Time 2024

In 2024, Home Office is taking 3-8 weeks to process a BRP replacement application from inside the UK however, you may get a faster decision from the Home Office in a straightforward case.

How can I apply for a BRP Replacement?

If you are in the UK, you can use the Home Office website online to apply for a replacement BRP. To apply, you will need to:

  • complete the online application form
  • pay the BRP replacement fee
  • upload any documents required to UKVI (see below for a list of these documents)
  • have your biometrics taken (fingerprints and a photo) at a UKVI service centre – you will be advised how to book an appointment and the location of your nearest service centre.

BRP Card Replacement FAQs

How do I Report my BRP Card as Lost or Stolen?

You can use this link to report your BRP as lost or stolen.  

You will see that the first question is whether you are currently in the UK or outside the UK; the process differs accordingly. 

What if my BRP Card was valid for 3 months or more?

If your BRP Card was valid for more than 3 months, you must report it and apply for BRP replacement online.

What is my BRP Card was valid for less than 3 months?

If your BRP Card was valid for less than 3 months and you do not intend to apply for a replacement, you must report it to the Home Office..

What if I Find My Lost or Stolen Biometric Residence Permit After Reporting It – What Should I Do?

Once you reported BRP Card lost and the BRP Card is cancelled by the Home Office, you cannot use the same card anymore.