UK Fiancee Visa Requirements 2023 | Eligibility And Documents
To apply for a fiancé visa successfully, you must meet all the fiancee visa requirements. This guide will explain all the fiancée visa requirements.
UK Fiance Visa | Application & Requirements | How to Apply
To qualify for a UK fiance visa, you must meet the requirements and submit all the required documents.
To qualify for a fiance visa you must satisfy the following criteria:
- You and your future spouse must be 18 years old or above to apply for a fiancee visa
- You and your UK future spouse must have met in-person
- You and your UK spouse must intend to live together permanently once married
- You must provide evidence of being in a genuine and subsisting relationship
- You meet the financial requirement of £18,600
- You need to have a suitable accommodation to live with your spouse in the UK
You can contact us to discuss the exact requirements for a fiancée visa application according to your circumstances.
Deluxe Law Chambers solely specialises in UK visas & immigration and therefore we provide high-quality UK visa and immigration services to our clients. The quality service provided by our UK immigration lawyers is self-evident from our 5-star Google Reviews.
To discuss your fiancée visa, you can call our experienced fiancée visa lawyers on 01614644140 or 07827126843. You can book an appointment with our fiance visa lawyers to discuss your fiance visa application.
minimum age requirement for fiance visa
You and your UK fiancée must be over the age of 18 when making a fiancee visa application to get married in the UK.
Minimum age to register marriage in the UK
The Marriage and Civil Partnership (Minimum Age) Act 2022, which gained Royal Assent in April 2022, has come into force on 27 February 2023. It means that 16 and 17 year olds will no longer be allowed to marry or enter a civil partnership, even if they have parental consent.
Status of the uK Spouse for fiance visa
The UK spouse must be:
- Be a British or Irish citizen in the UK; or
- Have indefinite leave to remain, settled status or permanent residence in the UK; or
- Have pre-settled status under Appendix EU; or
- Have limited leave to remain as a Turkish Businessperson or Turkish Worker under Appendix ECAA; or
- Have refugee leave or humanitarian protection status in the UK.
Income requirement for a Fiancée visa UK
Financial requirement for a fiancee visa is one of the key requirement towards fiancee visa requirements.
You will need to prove to the Home Office that you meet the financial requirement and you can support yourself without public funds.
Your fiancé’s annual income must be at least £18,600. If you have any child dependents who will be joining you, this sum increases by £3,800 for your first child and £2,400 for each child after your first.
You can prove your finances through any of the following:
- Regular salary through employment
- Statutory sick pay, maternity, paternity or adoption pay
- Stocks and shares
- Pension payments
- Property financial gains, such as a regular income from rent
What is the English language requirement?
If you are from a non-English-speaking country, you will need to meet English language requirement, unless one the following exemption applies.
You must prove that your level of English in reading, writing, listening and speaking is at least to the level of A1 as set by the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
You will need to submit your IELTS certificate in support of your visa application.
You will be exempt from the English language requirement if:
- You hold a degree or higher qualification taught in English at an educational institution recognised by Ecctis
- You are over the age 65
- You are a recognised refugee
- You are living in the UK as an orphan or widow
- You are a victim of domestic abuse
- You have a mental or physical condition which prevents you from sitting the exam
Genuine relationship requirement
To qualify for a UK fiance visa, you must prove that you are in a genuine and subsisting relationship to meet all the fiancee visa requirements.
You can submit following documents to show that you are in a genuine and subsisting relationship:
- Reference letters from family and friends
- Pictures together
- Documents showing that you have met in person
- A personal statement elaborating the background of your relationship
You can contact our fiance visa lawyers to discuss if you meet the relationship requirement or not.
Intention to marry in the UK within 6 months
You must be seeking entry to the UK as a fiancée to enable your marriage to take place in the United Kingdom. This is one of the key requirement in fiancee visa requirements.
The UK fiance Visas are valid for a period of 6 months, you will need to satisfy the Home Office that you intend to get married within 6 months of your arrival in the UK. The Home Office will generally expect to see some evidence of wedding planning and / or arrangements for your wedding day.
However, if you are concerned about having any evidence, you can speak to our immigration lawyers.
If you are applying for a fiancee visa application, ensure that you and your fiancée have provided adequate accommodation. You must submit the required evidence that you have a suitable accommodation to live with your UK Spouse.
What if i do not meet one of the fiancee visa requirements?
You can arrange an appointment with our fiancee visa specialist to discuss the alternative options to meet the relevant requirement.
Why choose deluxe law chambers for your fiance visa application?
Choosing the right and best immigration lawyer for your immigration needs can be stressful. While it could seem like a difficult choice, let us simplify things for you. Here are a few good reasons why you should choose Deluxe Law Chambers to assist you with your UK visas and immigration matters.
Our commitment to affordability means that you can receive expert advice without straining your finances. Our success hinges on transparency. We believe in keeping you informed about every step of the process, ensuring that you understand your options and the potential outcomes.
- REGULATED – We are regulated and approved immigration lawyers by The Office Of The Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC).
- EXPERIENCE – Our firm rests on specialist immigration lawyers and solicitors with years of experience. Our well-earned experience distinguishes us from others.
- EXPERTISE – As your immigration lawyer, we offer unparalleled expertise. We don’t just understand and interpret the law, we keep an eye on the slightest changes.
- AUTHORITY – Our authority isn’t just about legal powers but is gained through genuine care and successful outcomes for our clientele. So, why choose just a lawyer when you can choose a trusted authority?
- TRUST – Our commitment to uphold your trust is unwavering. Our transparency and ethical conduct are treatments for the trust placed in us by our clients.
- DIRECT ACCESS – At Deluxe Law Chambers as your immigration lawyers, you will have direct access to your qualified lawyer 24/7.
- AFFORDABLE – We are a law firm with an affordable and fixed fee plan. We offer two installments to ensure you can pay easily.
A combination of our rich experience, deep-rooted expertise, trust authority, and unwavering commitment to our clients makes us your best choice.
So, why wait? Take your first step towards a successful immigration application with us.
Fiancee visa requirements – frequently asked questions (FAQs)
What are the fiancee visa requirements?
To be eligible for a fiancee visa, you and your fiance or proposed civil partner must both be aged 18 or over, and your fiancé must either:
- be a British or Irish citizen
- have settled permanently in the UK, for example, they have indefinite leave to remain, proof of permanent residence or settled status under the EU Settlement Scheme (EUSS)
- be from the EU, Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein or Switzerland and have pre-settled status under the EUSS
- have either a Turkish businessperson visa or Turkish worker visa
- have either refugee status or humanitarian protection in the UK.
How much does a fiancé visa application cost?
The fiance visa UK fee (cost) in 2023 is £1,538.
Can you bring your fiancé to UK?
You can apply for a family visa to live with your: spouse or partner. fiancé, fiancée or proposed civil partner.
Can I apply for a fiancé visa while in the UK?
No, fiance visas can only be made from outside the UK.
Can I switch from a Fiance visa to a Spouse visa?
Yes, you can switch from a Fiance visa to a Spouse visa before the expiry of your Fiance visa. You must meet all the eligibility requirements for a Spouse visa.