Graduate Visa | Post Study Work Visa (PSW)
Permission to stay under the Graduate visa route will enable international students to work or look for work after their studies for 2 years, or 3 years for PhD students.
Stay and work in the UK on a Graduate Route visa. The Graduate Route means that you can stay in the UK and explore your employment options without needing for a skilled worker sponsor licence employer.
What is the UK Graduate Visa?
The Graduate Visa known as post-study work visa is available for foreign students who are looking to stay and work in the UK. To qualify for a post study work visa UK, you must have successfully completed a course of study at UK bachelor’s degree-level or above with a Home Office approved higher education provider.
Deluxe Law Chambers solely specialises in UK visas & immigration and therefore we provide high-quality UK visa and immigration services to our clients. The quality service provided by our UK immigration lawyers is self-evident from our 5-star Google Reviews.
Difference between graduate visa and skilled worker visa
Graduate or PSW Visa UK is an unsponsored work route, visa applicants are not required to have a Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS) showing the offer of a job with a UK licensed sponsor meeting minimum skill and salary levels. On the other hand, UK skilled worker visa requires a sponsorship from an approved Home Office employer.
If you require Immigration Advice Services or help with an immigration problem, please contact +441614644140 or email us at email@example.com for fast, professional, and affordable immigration advice from our highly experienced UK immigration lawyers. You can book an appointment online for a detailed immigration consultation.
You can apply for a Graduate visa if all of the following are true:
- you’re in the UK
- your current visa is a Student visa or Tier 4 (General) student visa
- you studied a UK bachelor’s degree, postgraduate degree or other eligible course for a minimum period of time with your Student visa or Tier 4 (General) student visa
- your education provider (such as your university or college) has told the Home Office you’ve successfully completed your course.
Duration of UK Graduate PSW Visa
If a Graduate Visa is granted, the visa-holder will be allowed to earn an income and gain work experience in a number of jobs across a wide range of UK businesses for a period of either 2 or 3 years, depending on the level of degree qualification.
Requirements for UK Post Study Work Visa
The Graduate route is a flexible work visa route for international students already in the UK. Under this visa route, the applicant does not need a job offer or a sponsorship. To apply for a UK post study worker visa, the applicant is not required to meet any financial or English language requirement.
You must be in the UK when you apply.
Documents you’ll need to apply
When you apply you’ll need to provide:
- a valid passport or other travel document that shows your identity and nationality
- your biometric residence permit (BRP), if you were given one when you applied for your Student visa or Tier 4 (General) student visa
- your Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) reference number from when you applied for your Student visa or Tier 4 (General) student visa
Your CAS reference number was sent to you by your education provider when they offered you a place on the course you completed with your Student visa. If you cannot find it, ask your education provider what it is.
Successful course completion requirement
To qualify for a Graduate work visa, you must complete your course / degree in the UK. You can apply after your education provider (such as your university or college) has told the Home Office that you’ve successfully completed the course you took with your Student or Tier 4 (General) student visa. You do not have to wait until you’ve graduated or have been given a certificate.
Your partner and children
If your partner and children joined you in the UK as ‘dependants’ on your current Student visa or Tier 4 (General) student visa, they can apply to stay as dependants as on your Graduate visa.
If your child was born in the UK during your current Student or Tier 4 (General) student visa, they can also apply.
If their application is successful, their visa will end on the same date as yours.
Why choose us for your Graduate Visa Application?
Choosing the right and best immigration lawyer for your immigration needs can be stressful. While it could seem like a difficult choice, let us simplify things for you. Here are a few good reasons why you should choose Deluxe Law Chambers to assist you with your UK visas and immigration matters.
Our commitment to affordability means that you can receive expert advice without straining your finances. Our success hinges on transparency. We believe in keeping you informed about every step of the process, ensuring that you understand your options and the potential outcomes.
- REGULATED – We are regulated and approved immigration lawyers by The Office Of The Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC).
- EXPERIENCE – Our firm rests on specialist immigration lawyers and solicitors with years of experience. Our well-earned experience distinguishes us from others.
- EXPERTISE – As your immigration lawyer, we offer unparalleled expertise. We don’t just understand and interpret the law, we keep an eye on the slightest changes.
- AUTHORITY – Our authority isn’t just about legal powers but is gained through genuine care and successful outcomes for our clientele. So, why choose just a lawyer when you can choose a trusted authority?
- TRUST – Our commitment to uphold your trust is unwavering. Our transparency and ethical conduct are treatments for the trust placed in us by our clients.
- DIRECT ACCESS – At Deluxe Law Chambers as your immigration lawyers, you will have direct access to your qualified lawyer 24/7.
- AFFORDABLE – We are a law firm with an affordable and fixed fee plan. We offer two installments to ensure you can pay easily.
A combination of our rich experience, deep-rooted expertise, trust authority, and unwavering commitment to our clients makes us your best choice.
So, why wait? Take your first step towards a successful immigration application with us.
FAQs – Post Study Work Visa UK
How much does it cost to apply for a Graduate Work Visa?
When you apply for a Graduate visa, you’ll need to:
- pay the £715 application fee
- pay the healthcare surcharge – this is usually £624 for each year you’ll be in the UK
How long can I stay on a Graduate route visa?
A Graduate visa lasts for 2 years. If you have a PHD or other doctoral qualification, it will last for 3 years.
Your visa will start from the day your application is approved.