What is an indefinite leave to remain (ILR)?
Indefinite leave to remain (ILR) is an application for foreign nationals to apply for settlement in the UK. It costs £2,404 to apply for ILR.
In most cases, you must have lived in the UK for at least five years before you can apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain, though in a few cases you can do so after just three years. Through this guide you can check if you are eligible for indefinite leave to remain.
If you require Immigration Advice Services or help with an indefinite leave to remain application, please contact +441614644140 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for fast, professional, and affordable immigration advice from our highly experienced UK immigration lawyers. You can book an appointment online for detailed immigration consultation.
Apply Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) online
If you are looking to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain status, our highly experienced team of immigration lawyers can provide you with the help and guidance you need. Indefinite Leave to Remain enables a person to live in the UK without any restrictions, and is the first step towards becoming a British Citizen.
Different Routes To Apply For Indefinite Leave To Remain (ILR)
If you have been lawfully living in the UK under a settlement route, you will be able to apply for ILR / Settlement once you complete the qualifying period.
Our ILR lawyers can help you apply for ILR based on following routes:
- ILR 10 Years Lawful Residence
- ILR As A Skilled Worker (5-Year Route)
- ILR As A Spouse (5 & 10-Year Route)
- ILR As An Unmarried Partner (5 & 10-Year Route)
- ILR Child Born In The UK under 7 Years (7-Year Route)
- ILR As A Parent Of A British Child (5 & 10-Year Route)
- ILR As An Innovator Founder (3-Year Route)
- ILR Based On Domestic Violence
- Renew Your ILR BRP Card
No Matter Where you live, we can help You
No matter where you live, we can deal with your immigration case remotely from our Manchester office. Call us on +441614644140 for immediate help with your immigration application or request a call back. Our highly skilled & experienced immigration lawyers in Manchester specialise in UK Immigration, including work visas, family visas, dependent visas, visitor visas, ILR applications, British citizenship, sponsor licence applications, and much more.
Requirements for ILR
The specific requirements differ depending on the particular circumstances of the applicant, including the type of visa they hold.
The most basic requirement for ILR is to have been lawfully living in the UK for a certain period of time. However, there are other requirements which must be fulfilled too.
The general requirements to become eligible to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain are based on:
- Lawful living in the UK for a certain period of time.
- No breach of immigration laws during your stay in the UK and no criminal record
- A period of time spent outside the UK which doesn’t exceed 180 days in a 12-month period during the qualifying period.
- A pass in the Life in the UK test, which is a test based on British culture, history and traditions
- Ability to prove that you meet the B1 level of English as set out by the Common European Framework of Languages.
Certain individuals will not need to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain to be granted with settled UK status, including:
- Those eligible for British citizenship by descent (or other form of automatic citizenship)
- Child dependents of a British citizen or person with settled status.
- An adult dependent who is reliant on the long-term care of their family member who is a British citizen or person with settled status.
- Refugees resettled in the UK through the Gateway Protection Program
How to apply for an Indefinite Leave to Remain?
If you want to apply for ILR, you must apply online for Indefinite Leave to Remain by using the correct application form depending on your situation.
How to apply?
Here are the steps you need to take to apply for ILR:
Step 1: Check if you are eligible
You need to ensure that you meet the eligibility requirements before you apply. The eligibility criteria vary depending on your visa type.
Step 2: Collect the necessary documents
You need to gather all the necessary documents required for your ILR application, including your passport, biometric residence permit, evidence of your continuous residence in the UK, evidence of your knowledge of the English language, and proof of passing the Life in the UK test, if applicable.
Step 3: Fill out the application form
You need to fill out the correct application form online, depending on your eligibility.
Step 4: Pay the application fee
You will need to pay the appropriate application fee when you apply. You do not need to pay the Immigration Healthcare Surcharge (IHS) fee if you apply for indefinite leave to remain.
Detailed Immigration Advice For Just £25
Our immigration advice lawyers and visa advisors provide detailed immigration advice for just £25 for up to 15 minutes. Our immigration lawyers and advisors can provide detailed immigration advice and consultation face-to-face at our office in Manchester, or virtually over Zoom, Skype, Microsoft Teams or Phone, etc. You can click on the below button or call us on +441614644140 to book an appointment.
ILR 180 day rule
The continuous residence requirement, often known as the ILR 180 day rule, states that applicants must not have spent more than 180 days outside of the UK in any 12-month period before to completing their ILR application.
Why Choose Us For Your ILR Application?
Choosing the right and best immigration lawyer for your immigration needs can be stressful. While it could seem like a difficult choice, let us simplify things for you. Here are a few good reasons why you should choose Deluxe Law Chambers to assist you with your UK visas and immigration matters.
Our commitment to affordability means that you can receive expert advice without straining your finances. Our success hinges on transparency. We believe in keeping you informed about every step of the process, ensuring that you understand your options and the potential outcomes.
- REGULATED – We are regulated and approved immigration lawyers by The Office Of The Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC).
- EXPERIENCE – Our firm rests on specialist immigration lawyers and solicitors with years of experience. Our well-earned experience distinguishes us from others.
- EXPERTISE – As your immigration lawyer, we offer unparalleled expertise. We don’t just understand and interpret the law, we keep an eye on the slightest changes.
- AUTHORITY – Our authority isn’t just about legal powers but is gained through genuine care and successful outcomes for our clientele. So, why choose just a lawyer when you can choose a trusted authority?
- TRUST – Our commitment to uphold your trust is unwavering. Our transparency and ethical conduct are treatments for the trust placed in us by our clients.
- DIRECT ACCESS – At Deluxe Law Chambers as your immigration lawyers, you will have direct access to your qualified lawyer 24/7.
- AFFORDABLE – We are a law firm with an affordable and fixed fee plan. We offer two installments to ensure you can pay easily.
A combination of our rich experience, deep-rooted expertise, trust authority, and unwavering commitment to our clients makes us your best choice.
So, why wait? Take your first step towards a successful immigration application with us.