Registering A Child Born In The UK After 10 Years Residence – Form T Application

You can register your child born in the UK as a British Citizen after 10 years. You will need to use Form T application to register your child as a British citizen.

If you want to get British citizenship for your child, you can apply to ‘register’ them as a British citizen. Registering is a way of applying for British citizenship. 

Your child needs British citizenship before they can get a UK passport.

Deluxe Law Chambers solely specialises in UK visas & immigration and therefore we provide high-quality UK visa and immigration services to our clients. The quality service provided by our UK immigration lawyers is self-evident from our 5-star Google Reviews.

If you require Immigration Advice Services or help with an immigration problem, please contact +441614644140 or email us at for fast, professional, and affordable immigration advice from our highly experienced UK immigration lawyers. You can book an appointment online for a detailed immigration consultation.

If you can’t afford the fee

You can apply for a ‘fee waiver’. If you get a fee waiver, you will not have to pay the fee.

To apply for a fee waiver, you have to show you don’t have enough income and savings to pay for both the fee and essential costs like food and rent. You’ll need to send documents showing your income and spending for the last 6 months, for example your:

  • pay slips
  • bank statements for all your accounts
  • tenancy agreement
  • utility bills

Registering a Child Born in the UK as a British Citizen after 10 years

Section 1(4) of the British Nationality Act 1981 states that any child born in the UK whose parents are not British or settled in the UK shall have an entitlement to register as a British citizen provided that in each of the first ten years of the child’s life, the number of days spent outside the UK does not exceed 90.

requirements to register a child born in the uK as a British citizen after 10 years

Generally the child will need to show that they:

  • have been born in the United Kingdom on or after 1 January 1983;
  • they are 10 years of age or over;
  • have spent no more than 90 days outside the United Kingdom in each of the first 10 years of your life; and
  • be of good character.

It may be possible for the Home Office disregard the requirement to have spent fewer than 90 days outside the United Kingdom. If you have exceeded this number of days but believe there are special circumstances, you should explain these on your application form.

As the applicant has an entitlement to be registered as a British citizen if the requirements are met, the absence of parental consent (in cases where the applicant is a minor) should not be a reason for refusal. It is good practice to gain consent of all those with parental responsibility for the child and it should normally be requested, but this is not mandatory. If the consent is not gained it is not a reason for refusing the application.

How Much We Charge?

We charge a fixed fee to deal with an application for a child born in the UK as a British citizen after 10 years.

Our ServiceOur Fee
One-off immigration consultation/advice for registration as a British Citizen£60
One-Off Application Checking Service / Documents Assessment£350
Full service for registration as a British Citizen to cover all the work until decision by the Home Office UKVIFrom £700 To £1,000

Why choose Deluxe Law Chambers?

Choosing the right and best immigration lawyer for your immigration needs can be stressful. While it could seem like a difficult choice, let us simplify things for you. Here are a few good reasons why you should choose Deluxe Law Chambers to assist you with your UK visas and immigration matters.

Our commitment to affordability means that you can receive expert advice without straining your finances. Our success hinges on transparency. We believe in keeping you informed about every step of the process, ensuring that you understand your options and the potential outcomes.

  • REGULATED – We are regulated and approved immigration lawyers by The Office Of The Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC).
  • EXPERIENCE – Our firm rests on specialist immigration lawyers and solicitors with years of experience. Our well-earned experience distinguishes us from others.
  • EXPERTISE – As your immigration lawyer, we offer unparalleled expertise. We don’t just understand and interpret the law, we keep an eye on the slightest changes.
  • AUTHORITY – Our authority isn’t just about legal powers but is gained through genuine care and successful outcomes for our clientele. So, why choose just a lawyer when you can choose a trusted authority?
  • TRUST – Our commitment to uphold your trust is unwavering. Our transparency and ethical conduct are treatments for the trust placed in us by our clients.
  • DIRECT ACCESS – At Deluxe Law Chambers as your immigration lawyers, you will have direct access to your qualified lawyer 24/7.
  • AFFORDABLE – We are a law firm with an affordable and fixed fee plan. We offer two installments to ensure you can pay easily.

A combination of our rich experience, deep-rooted expertise, trust authority, and unwavering commitment to our clients makes us your best choice.

So, why wait? Take your first step towards a successful immigration application with us.

Frequently asked questions (FAQs)

Can a child born in UK get citizenship after 10 years?

A child born in the UK to non-British parents who remains in the UK for at least the first 10 years of their life is eligible to register as a British citizen.

Does my child automatically get British citizenship after 10 years?

No, you will need to register your child born in the UK as a British citizen after 10 years. You will need to use Form T Application.

What is the 7 year rule for British citizenship?

If your child was born in the UK and lived in the UK 7 years, the child is eligible for ILR.

How much is British citizenship for child?

It costs £1,012 to apply for each child.

What Our Clients Say About Us In Google Reviews?

128 reviews on
Hamid Ilyas
Hamid Ilyas
My experience with Deluxe Law Chambers, and specifically with Mr. Usman Rasheed, was excellent. Mr. Rasheed's professionalism and expertise made navigating my immigration matter smooth and successful. I highly recommend their services to anyone seeking reliable legal assistance.
Zach Argyle
Zach Argyle
Paid for a consultation and it went great. Very informative, very helpful.
Amina Muzammal
Amina Muzammal
My Scotland based business's sponsor licencing application was handled by Mr Rasheed. They have their office in Manchester, and my case was handled remotely without requiring me to go to their office there. I received my sponsor licence in less than six weeks.
Yas emin
Yas emin
Muhammad and his team have done a superb job and I would recommend them to anyone. Really pleased with the service provided, I was looked after from start to finish and the process felt very smooth. Any questions I had I was able to ask and they were answered promptly and in detail. Thanks so much Deluxe Law Chambers!
Excellent customer service. Got free immigration advice for my sponsor licence matter.
awais malik
awais malik
My case dealt by Usman. He was so professional and guided at every step. My application submitted and got success smoothly. Highly Recommend!
Mr Rasheed went above and beyond on our case. He responded quickly and answered all our questions and he guided us accordingly. I am very glad we used this firm
A Guy
A Guy
Muhammad handled my partners fiancée visa application then at deluxe law chambers also did her subsequent spouse visa application after our marriage. He was very informative and happy to help. Deluxe Law Chambers got us a positive result and I would recommend Muhammad for anyone wanting a lawyer for their immigration that is willing to contact you even outside of work hours to ensure you do not incur extra costs from application fee changes and ensures everything is covered to aid the application.