Skilled worker visa extension
Our skilled worker visa extension lawyers can help you to renew your skilled worker visa within the UK. This is a step-by-step guide to renew a skilled worker visa.
Apply to extend your Skilled Worker visa. You must apply online before your current visa expires. A Skilled Worker extension application must be made online within three months of the new CoS being assigned.
To apply for a Skilled Worker visa renewal, the migrant worker will need to submit an online application from within the UK. Our skilled worker visa renewal lawyers can help you to assign a CoS and apply for the skilled worker visa extension.
Deluxe Law Chambers specialise in UK skilled worker visa applications and therefore we provide high quality UK visa and immigration services to our clients. The quality service provided by our immigration lawyers is self-evident from our 5-star Google Reviews.
Skilled worker visa extension online
A UK skilled worker visa can last up to 5 years before you renew it. After 5 years, you may be able to apply for indefinite leave to remain (ILR).
A UK Skilled Worker visa holder can further extend or renew the skilled worker visa before it expires if you continue to meet the requirements of appendix skilled worker.
If you require Immigration Advice Services or help with skilled worker renewal application, please contact +441614644140 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for honest and fast advise for skilled worker extension application. You can book an appointment online for detailed immigration consultation.
A total of 70 points are required to be eligible to apply for extension of Skilled Worker visa / Tier 2 General visa; 50 points from mandatory non-tradeable points and the remaining 20 from tradeable points.
Eligibility requirements for skilled worker visa extension
To be eligible for extension of Skilled Worker visa / Tier 2 General visa, you must meet the following requirements:
- Your current leave to remain in the UK must be as a Tier 2 migrant worker or skilled worker
- You need to score 50 points from mandatory non-tradeable points;
- You further need to score at least 20 points from tradeable points;
- Your job is within the same occupation code as when they were granted that permission
- You have the same sponsor who assigned their existing Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS)
- Your employer is still approved by the UK Home Office to sponsor skilled workers.
Supporting documents required
To support your UK Skilled Worker or UK Tier 2 visa extension, you may need to provide some of the following documents:
- Certificate of sponsorship assigned by your employer
- Current passport and BRP Card
- Payslips and bank statements showing your ongoing employment
- Letter from your employer confirming that you are still required to do the job
- An updated criminal record certificate, if required for your occupation
How to apply for a Skilled Worker Visa extension
To apply for a skilled worker visa extension, individuals usually need to submit an online application form, provide supporting documents, and pay a processing fee. The application process may also involve an interview and a review of the applicant’s employment history, salary, and contributions during their initial visa period.
You must apply online before your current visa expires.
Skilled Worker extension processing time
It usually takes around 8 weeks to receive a decision of skilled worker visa renewal from the Home Office on your application.
Skilled worker visa extension cost
If you’re applying from inside the UK to extend, switch or update your visa, the standard fee depends on whether you’ll be in the UK for:
- up to 3 years – £719 per person
- more than 3 years – £1,423 per person
You’ll also have to pay the healthcare surcharge for each year of your stay – this is usually £624 per year. Check how much you’ll have to pay before you apply.
Money to support yourself
You must have at least £1,270 in your bank account to show you can support yourself in the UK.
You will need to have had the money available for at least 28 days in a row. Day 28 must be within 31 days of applying for this visa.
You’ll usually need to show proof of this when you apply, unless either:
- you’ve been in the UK with a valid visa for at least 12 months
- your employer can cover your costs during your first month in the UK, up to £1,270
How can Deluxe Law Chambers help?
Choosing the right and best immigration lawyer for your immigration needs can be stressful. While it could seem like a difficult choice, let us simplify things for you. Here are a few good reasons why you should choose Deluxe Law Chambers to assist you with your UK visas and immigration matters.
Our commitment to affordability means that you can receive expert advice without straining your finances. Our success hinges on transparency. We believe in keeping you informed about every step of the process, ensuring that you understand your options and the potential outcomes.
- REGULATED – We are regulated and approved immigration lawyers by The Office Of The Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC).
- EXPERIENCE – Our firm rests on specialist immigration lawyers and solicitors with years of experience. Our well-earned experience distinguishes us from others.
- EXPERTISE – As your immigration lawyer, we offer unparalleled expertise. We don’t just understand and interpret the law, we keep an eye on the slightest changes.
- AUTHORITY – Our authority isn’t just about legal powers but is gained through genuine care and successful outcomes for our clientele. So, why choose just a lawyer when you can choose a trusted authority?
- TRUST – Our commitment to uphold your trust is unwavering. Our transparency and ethical conduct are treatments for the trust placed in us by our clients.
- DIRECT ACCESS – At Deluxe Law Chambers as your immigration lawyers, you will have direct access to your qualified lawyer 24/7.
- AFFORDABLE – We are a law firm with an affordable and fixed fee plan. We offer two installments to ensure you can pay easily.
A combination of our rich experience, deep-rooted expertise, trust authority, and unwavering commitment to our clients makes us your best choice.
So, why wait? Take your first step towards a successful immigration application with us.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Can I extend my skilled worker visa in the UK?
Yes, you can extend your skilled worker visa in the UK if you meet the eligibility criteria and have a valid job offer from a licensed sponsor.
How long can I extend my skilled worker visa for?
You can extend your skilled worker visa for up to 5 years at a time. After 5 years, you may be eligible to apply for settlement (indefinite leave to remain) in the UK.
What are the requirements for skilled worker visa extension?
To extend your skilled worker visa, you must have a valid Certificate of Sponsorship from a licensed employer, meet the minimum salary requirement, demonstrate sufficient knowledge of English, and score enough points on the points-based system.
Can my family members stay with me if I extend my skilled worker visa?
Yes, your spouse, civil partner, and children under 18 can apply to join you as dependents on your skilled worker visa extension. They will need to meet certain requirements and pay the appropriate visa fees.
Can I switch to another visa category while extending my skilled worker visa?
Yes, you have the option to switch to another visa category during your skilled worker visa extension, provided you meet the requirements of the new visa category you wish to switch to. It is important to consult the UK immigration rules or seek legal advice for specific information on switching visas.