Spouse Visa 10 Years Route: A Comprehensive Guide
If you’re looking to apply for a UK Spouse visa but don’t meet all the requirements of Appendix FM of the immigration rules, don’t worry. There’s still an option available to you—the UK Spouse visa under the 10-year route. In this article, we’ll explore the requirements, application process, and everything you need to know about this visa route.
What is Spouse visa 10 Years route?
In simple terms, if you do not meet all the requirements of Appendix FM, you will be granted leave to remain as a spouse under 10 years route to settlement, meaning you can apply ILR after spending 10 years on a spouse visa.
The Spouse Visa UK 10 Years Route is specifically designed for individuals who cannot meet all the spouse visa requirements. This route grants you the opportunity to live and work in the UK after an initial period of 2.5 years, which can be extended, eventually leading to indefinite leave to remain (ILR) after ten years of continuous residence.
UK Spouse Visa 10-Year Route Requirements
To apply for a UK Spouse visa under the 10-year route, certain requirements must be met. Let’s take a closer look at each of these requirements:
Both you and your partner must be 18 years or older to be eligible for a UK Spouse visa.
One of the key requirements is proving that your relationship is genuine. This can be demonstrated through various means, such as photographs, joint bank statements, or travel documents.
Intention to Live Together
You and your partner must intend to live together permanently in the UK. This requirement highlights the importance of a genuine commitment to building a life together in the UK.
It’s crucial to meet the requirement of providing adequate accommodation for you and your partner. This means having suitable living arrangements that meet the standards set by the UK government.
The applicant must meet the suitability criteria as set out in Appendix FM of the Immigration Rules. This includes factors such as criminal convictions, immigration history, and compliance with the immigration rules.
It’s essential to note that there may be additional requirements depending on your specific circumstances. If you have any questions or need personalised advice, don’t hesitate to reach out to our expert immigration lawyers for spouse visa.
Required Documents for a UK Spouse Visa (10-Year Route)
When applying for a UK Spouse visa under the 10-year route, you’ll need to provide certain documents to support your application. While the exact list of documents may vary based on your circumstances, here’s a general overview:
- Valid Current Passport: You’ll need to submit a valid passport as proof of your identity and nationality.
- Relationship Evidence: Gather evidence that demonstrates the genuineness of your relationship, such as photographs, letters, or emails.
- Adequate Accommodation Proof: Provide documentation that shows you have suitable accommodation for both you and your partner.
- Criminal Convictions Details: If applicable, disclose any criminal convictions and provide supporting documents.
It’s important to consult with an immigration lawyer to ensure you have all the necessary documents for your specific situation. Book an appointment to receive a comprehensive UK Spouse visa document checklist tailored to your needs.
Our services for spouse visa UK 10 Years route
Our UK spouse visa lawyers can help you make the following spouse visa applications under 10 years route to settlement:
- Switch into 10-years partner visa
- Extension of spouse visa UK 10 years route
- ILR as a spouse (10-years route)
Mostly, the applicants who cannot meet the English language requirement or financial requirement of earning £18,600 gross per year would apply for switching to a Spouse visa 10-year route.
Application Form FLR(FP)
To make a Spouse visa application under the 10-year route, you must complete the form FLR(FP). This form is used to apply for an extension of stay as a Spouse in the UK. You can complete the FLR(FP) form online for a more convenient application process.
The Spouse Visa 5-Year Route
If you meet all the requirements outlined in Appendix FM, you have the option to apply or switch to a Spouse visa under the 5-year route. This route enables you to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) as a Spouse after spending 5 years on a spouse visa.
Switching from a Spouse Visa 10-Year Route to a 5-Year Route
Yes, it is possible to switch from a Spouse visa under the 10-year route to the 5-year route. If you have leave to remain as a spouse under the 10-year route and meet all the requirements of Appendix FM, you can make the switch. However, it’s important to note that any time spent on the 10-year route will not count towards your qualifying period for ILR.
Appeal against Spouse Visa Refusal
If your UK Spouse visa application under the 10-year route is refused and you believe the refusal is unlawful, you have the right to appeal the decision. It’s crucial to seek legal advice from our immigration solicitors and lawyers to discuss the refusal letter, appeal process, associated costs, and the expected processing time for appeals.
Fee waiver application for spouse visa 10 years route
A fee waiver may be granted if the applicant is assessed and found to be destitute or not able to pay the fee or at risk of imminent destitution. Our immigration lawyers can help you make a fee waiver application a UK spouse visa 10-Years route to settlement.
Our legal fee for spouse visa application
Our fixed-fee immigration lawyers charge a fixed fee in the region of £800 to £1000 for complete legal services in relation to the UK Spouse visa (10-year route) application.
Why choose us for your spouse visa uK 10 Years route application?
Choosing the right and best immigration lawyer for your immigration needs can be stressful. While it could seem like a difficult choice, let us simplify things for you. Here are a few good reasons why you should choose Deluxe Law Chambers to assist you with your UK visas and immigration matters.
Our commitment to affordability means that you can receive expert advice without straining your finances. Our success hinges on transparency. We believe in keeping you informed about every step of the process, ensuring that you understand your options and the potential outcomes.
- REGULATED – We are regulated and approved immigration lawyers by The Office Of The Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC).
- EXPERIENCE – Our firm rests on specialist immigration lawyers and solicitors with years of experience. Our well-earned experience distinguishes us from others.
- EXPERTISE – As your immigration lawyer, we offer unparalleled expertise. We don’t just understand and interpret the law, we keep an eye on the slightest changes.
- AUTHORITY – Our authority isn’t just about legal powers but is gained through genuine care and successful outcomes for our clientele. So, why choose just a lawyer when you can choose a trusted authority?
- TRUST – Our commitment to uphold your trust is unwavering. Our transparency and ethical conduct are treatments for the trust placed in us by our clients.
- DIRECT ACCESS – At Deluxe Law Chambers as your immigration lawyers, you will have direct access to your qualified lawyer 24/7.
- AFFORDABLE – We are a law firm with an affordable and fixed fee plan. We offer two installments to ensure you can pay easily.
A combination of our rich experience, deep-rooted expertise, trust authority, and unwavering commitment to our clients makes us your best choice.
So, why wait? Take your first step towards a successful immigration application with us.