7 Years Child Route For Indefinite Leave To Remain (ILR)
The 7 years child route for indefinite leave to remain (ILR) is for those children who are born, under the age of 18 and lived in the UK for 7 years. An application for a stay in the UK under the 7 years child residence route is made to the Home Office UKVI in accordance with requirements as set out in Appendix Private Life of the Immigration Rules.
According to the new immigration rules, if you were born in the UK and have lived here for 7 continuous years since your birth, you can apply immediately for indefinite leave to remain on the basis of your private life.
New 7 years Child iLR Route
A child who was born in the UK and lived in the UK for 7 years continuously can apply for indefinite leave to remain on the basis of private life.
If you require Immigration Advice Services or help with an immigration problem, please contact +441614644140 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for fast, professional, and affordable immigration advice from our highly experienced UK immigration lawyers. You can book an appointment online for a detailed immigration consultation.
Lawyers for 7 years child route application
Our specialist immigration lawyers are experienced in dealing with 7 years child visa route for indefinite leave to remain. Our immigration lawyers can help you apply ILR for your child under 7 years of residence route for a fixed fee. Under 7 years route after ILR, your child can get British citizenship.
Deluxe Law Chambers solely specialises in UK visas & immigration and therefore we provide high-quality UK visa and immigration services to our clients. The quality service provided by our UK immigration lawyers is self-evident from our 5-star Google Reviews.
ILR for a child born & lived in the UK for 7 years continuously
A child can apply for ILR on the basis of his/her birth in the UK and 7 years of continuous residence in the UK. After new immigration rules, a child born and living in the UK for 7 years can apply for settlement rather than limited leave to remain.
Our expert team of immigration lawyers is specialists in dealing with ILR applications on the basis of 7 years of child residence. As specialist long-residence lawyers, our experienced immigration lawyers have a wealth of knowledge and experience to provide high-quality legal services for ILR applications. Ask a question to our ILR solicitors for free immigration advice or schedule an appointment for detailed legal advice concerning your ILR application.
Settlement Under 7 Years Child Residence Route
The 7 years child residence route is a settlement route for children born in the UK and who lived in the UK for 7 years will qualify for Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) immediately upon completion of 7 years of continuous residence.
A child who entered the UK as a minor and completed 7 years of residence while still under 18 can apply for limited leave to remain for 30 months or 60 months under 5 years route to settlement.
New Rules for 7 Years’ Continuous Residence by a Child
On 15 March 2022, the UK Government published a new statement of changes introducing major changes to the immigration rules, including significant changes to the rules involving children’s route to settlement.
Paragraph 276ADE(1) of the Immigration Rules, which governs permission to stay on private life grounds, is replaced by a new ‘Appendix Private Life’.
Children born in the UK
- A child who is born and has lived in the UK continuously for 7 years will now be able to apply for settlement immediately instead of limited leave to remain. This avoids the need for children to apply for extensions repeatedly.
- A child born in the UK who has lived in the UK for less than 7 years may be added as a dependant to a person on a private life route in certain circumstances to allow them to regularise their immigration status.
Children born outside the UK
- A child who is born outside the UK but who has lived in the UK continuously for 7 years will be able to apply for settlement after 5 years rather than 10 years as is the case at present.
Children (regardless of whether born inside/outside the UK) will be able to apply to register as British citizens after 12 months of obtaining their settlement status.
Family Members Of The Child Who Has Completed 7 Years of Residence
Parents and minor siblings of the child who has completed 7 years of child residence can also apply for limited leave to remain in the either at the same time or after the child has been granted stay under 7 years child ILR route. The family members of the qualifying child will be granted leave to remain for 30 months under 10 years route to settlement under Appendix Private Life of the Immigration Rules. A child born in the UK to a person who has permission on the Private Life route can apply for permission for the same duration as their parent.
Super Priority Service For Decision Within 24 Hours
As specialist immigration lawyers, we can prepare and submit your 7 years child residence route for ILR to the Home Office, UK Visas & Immigration (UKVI) whereby a decision on your application will be made within 24 hours if you submit your application through Super Priority Service. This way, you may not have to wait for the decision on your ILR application for months (sometimes years).
No Matter Where you live, we can help You
No matter where you live, we can deal with your immigration case remotely from our Manchester office. Call us on +441614644140 for immediate help with your immigration application or request a call back. Our highly skilled & experienced immigration lawyers in Manchester specialise in UK Immigration, including work visas, family visas, dependent visas, visitor visas, ILR applications, British citizenship, sponsor licence applications, and much more.
Applications Under 7 Years Child ILR Route
Our expert team of immigration lawyers and solicitors can help you with the following applications based on 7 years child residence in the UK:
- ILR – Child born & lived in the UK for 7 years
- Visa Application for a child born outside the UK but lived 7 years in the UK
- Extension of visa granted under 7 years of child residence
- ILR for a child born outside the UK but lived 7 years in the UK
Eligibility Requirements for 7 years child route to ILR
The applicant must meet the following requirements to qualify for the 7-year private route as a child
- The child must be under 18 years of age
- The child must be present in the UK
- The child has been continuously resident in the UK for 7 years
- It would be against the best interests of the child to leave the UK
Continuous Residence Requirements
- The child was born and raised in the UK and resided here continuously for 7 years
- Applicants have to meet the following criteria if they arrived in the UK as a child
- They were first given visas based on a private life when aged between 18 and 24
- They arrived in the UK as a child
- They have resided in the UK for 5 continuous years with a visa (time spent on any other visas can be included)
Submit the following documentation in support of the ILR application
- Birth certificate
- Passport or travel document
- Evidence of 7 years of continuous residence in the UK
- An explanation for periods of absence
- Other evidence relevant to the case
One-off UK visa and immigration services
As one of the best UK immigration lawyers, we offer one-off UK visa and immigration services including following:
- One-off immigration consultation and advice session
- Immigration documents checking service
- Application form filling service
- Preparing a cover letter for your UK visa application
- Uploading supporting documents
- Securing a super priority slot for your UK visa application
Why choose deluxe law chambers for your 7 year child ILR application?
Choosing the right and best immigration lawyer for your immigration needs can be stressful. While it could seem like a difficult choice, let us simplify things for you. Here are a few good reasons why you should choose Deluxe Law Chambers to assist you with your UK visas and immigration matters.
Our commitment to affordability means that you can receive expert advice without straining your finances. Our success hinges on transparency. We believe in keeping you informed about every step of the process, ensuring that you understand your options and the potential outcomes.
- REGULATED – We are regulated and approved immigration lawyers by The Office Of The Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC).
- EXPERIENCE – Our firm rests on specialist immigration lawyers and solicitors with years of experience. Our well-earned experience distinguishes us from others.
- EXPERTISE – As your immigration lawyer, we offer unparalleled expertise. We don’t just understand and interpret the law, we keep an eye on the slightest changes.
- AUTHORITY – Our authority isn’t just about legal powers but is gained through genuine care and successful outcomes for our clientele. So, why choose just a lawyer when you can choose a trusted authority?
- TRUST – Our commitment to uphold your trust is unwavering. Our transparency and ethical conduct are treatments for the trust placed in us by our clients.
- DIRECT ACCESS – At Deluxe Law Chambers as your immigration lawyers, you will have direct access to your qualified lawyer 24/7.
- AFFORDABLE – We are a law firm with an affordable and fixed fee plan. We offer two installments to ensure you can pay easily.
A combination of our rich experience, deep-rooted expertise, trust authority, and unwavering commitment to our clients makes us your best choice.
So, why wait? Take your first step towards a successful immigration application with us.
7 Years Child ILR Route Application FAQs
How can a child get ILR in the UK after 7 years?
Under the new law from 20th June 2022, a child born in the UK and lived in the UK for continuously 7 years is eligible to apply for immediate ILR on the basis of private life.
What is the 7 years child immigration rule?
Under 7 years child immigration rule, a child who has lived in the UK is able to apply for limited leave to remain or indefinite leave to remain.
What is the 7 years child ILR route application?
A child born in the UK who has been continuously resident for 7 years may qualify for immediate settlement on this route.
How much is the indefinite leave to remain fee for a child?
The Home Office fee for indefinite leave to remain for a child is £2,408.
Settlement under 7 years route
The 7 years child residence route is a settlement route whereby the child who is born in the UK and lived in the UK for 7 years will qualify for Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) immediately upon completion of 7 years of continuous residence and a child who entered the UK as a minor and completed 7 years residence while still under 18 can apply for limited leave to remain for 30 months or 60 months under 5 years route to settlement.