Marriage visitor visa UK 2023
To make a successful UK Marriage Visitor visa application, you must meet all the UK Marriage Visitor visa requirements 2023 and submit all supporting documents.
Our experienced immigration lawyers can help you with your UK marriage visitor visa application with a fixed fee. If you are seeking to enter the UK on the basis of your intended marriage to a UK national, then you should apply for a fiance visa. The fiance visa will allow you to extend your leave in the UK to that of a spouse.
Deluxe Law Chambers solely specialises in UK visas & immigration and therefore we provide high-quality UK visa and immigration services to our clients. The quality service provided by our UK immigration lawyers is self-evident from our 5-star Google Reviews.
UK marriage visitor visa (documents & requirements)
You can apply for a UK Marriage Visitor visa if you’re over 18 and want to get married or register a civil partnership in the UK within 6 months of your arrival.
The marriage visitor visa not lead to settlement in the UK and all visitors must make a separate application even when travelling alone or as a part of a group.
To be eligible to apply for the Marriage Visit Visa, the applicant must be able to show that they want to visit the UK for not more than six (6) months and they plan to marry or register a civil partnership within the period of leave granted.
What is a UK marriage visitor visa?
A Marriage Visitor visa allows you to marry or enter into a civil partnership in the UK within 6 months of your arrival. You must use a venue licensed for this purpose.
UK Marriage Visit visas are only granted for a maximum of 6 months, after which you are required to leave the UK.
You must apply for a Marriage Visitor visa if:
- you want to get married or register a civil partnership in the UK
- you want to give notice of a marriage or civil partnership in UK
- you’re not planning to stay or settle in the UK after your marriage or civil partnership
Requirements for a marriage visitor visa UK
You must submit the following documents in addition to any other documents to apply for a marriage visit visa:
- Your current valid passport or other valid travel document.
- Details of the marriage or civil partnership and proof that you’ve paid money for some of its costs.
- Proof that you’re planning to get married in the UK, for example, booking confirmation or emails between you and the venue.
- You’ll need to provide a certified translation of any documents that are not in English or Welsh.
- Evidence that you will leave the UK before the expiry of your visit visa.
Giving Notice to Marry
You must sign a legal statement at your local register office to say you intend to get married or form a civil partnership. This is known as ‘giving notice’. Details of your local register office can be found at The General Register Office.
How to apply for a marriage visit visa?
To apply for a marriage visitor visa, you must meet the eligibility requirements. You should apply for a marriage visit visa online using the Home Office website no more than 3 months before you intend to travel to the UK.
UK Marriage Visitor visa processing time 2023
In 2023, Home Office is taking 4-6 weeks to process a UK Marriage Visitor visa application however, you may get a faster decision from the Home Office in a straightforward case.
What is the processing timeframe for a marriage visitor visa application?
Marriage Visitor visa applications usually take weeks once you’ve applied online, proved your identity and provided your documents.
No Matter Where you live, we can help You
No matter where you live, we can deal with your immigration case remotely from our Manchester office. Call us on +441614644140 for immediate help with your immigration application or request a call back. Our highly skilled & experienced immigration lawyers in Manchester specialise in UK Immigration, including work visas, family visas, dependent visas, visitor visas, ILR applications, British citizenship, sponsor licence applications, and much more.
How can we help with your marriage visit visa application?
Choosing the right and best immigration lawyer for your immigration needs can be stressful. While it could seem like a difficult choice, let us simplify things for you. Here are a few good reasons why you should choose Deluxe Law Chambers to assist you with your UK visas and immigration matters.
Our commitment to affordability means that you can receive expert advice without straining your finances. Our success hinges on transparency. We believe in keeping you informed about every step of the process, ensuring that you understand your options and the potential outcomes.
- REGULATED – We are regulated and approved immigration lawyers by The Office Of The Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC).
- EXPERIENCE – Our firm rests on specialist immigration lawyers and solicitors with years of experience. Our well-earned experience distinguishes us from others.
- EXPERTISE – As your immigration lawyer, we offer unparalleled expertise. We don’t just understand and interpret the law, we keep an eye on the slightest changes.
- AUTHORITY – Our authority isn’t just about legal powers but is gained through genuine care and successful outcomes for our clientele. So, why choose just a lawyer when you can choose a trusted authority?
- TRUST – Our commitment to uphold your trust is unwavering. Our transparency and ethical conduct are treatments for the trust placed in us by our clients.
- DIRECT ACCESS – At Deluxe Law Chambers as your immigration lawyers, you will have direct access to your qualified lawyer 24/7.
- AFFORDABLE – We are a law firm with an affordable and fixed fee plan. We offer two installments to ensure you can pay easily.
A combination of our rich experience, deep-rooted expertise, trust authority, and unwavering commitment to our clients makes us your best choice.
So, why wait? Take your first step towards a successful immigration application with us.