Spouse Visa UK 5 Years Route Documents And Requirements
A Spouse visa UK 5 Years route is a route settlement in the UK that allows you to live together with your partner in the UK for up to 30 months.
Spouse Visa UK 5 Years Route Requirements 2023
A Spouse visa 5-Year route is a route settlement in the UK that allows you to live together with your partner in the UK for up to 30 months (2.5 years). A spouse visa can be extended for another 30 months (2.5 years) if you meet certain eligibility requirements.
If you require Immigration Advice Services or help with an immigration problem, please contact +441614644140 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for fast, professional, and affordable immigration advice from our highly experienced UK immigration lawyers. You can book an appointment online for a detailed immigration consultation.
You can apply for a Spouse visa under the 5-year route if your partner is a British citizen or has, Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR), pre-settled status or settled status in the UK.
You can apply, extend, or switch to a UK Spouse visa under a 5-year route if you do not meet all the requirements of Appendix FM of the immigration rules.
What is the difference between 5 years and 10 years partner route?
The main difference between 5 years partner route and 10 years partner route is when the applicant will be eligible to apply for ILR in the UK.
The 5-year PR and the 10-year PR apply to applications made on or after the 9th of July 2012. This was when a set of rules, called “Appendix FM” was introduced and implemented into the current Immigration Rules. Appendix FM sets out the requirements for a Partner Visa.
Requirements for 5-years spouse visa route
The main requirements for a UK Spouse visa application under 5-year route are as follows:
- Both, you and your partner must be 18 or over;
- You need to prove that your relationship is genuine and you intend to live together permanently in the UK;
- You need to meet the financial requirements to prove that you can support your family without seeking public funds;
- You must meet the requirement of adequate accommodation;
- You must satisfy the English language requirements to prove your knowledge of the English language.
You can arrange an appointment with our spouse visa solicitors to discuss all other requirements depending on your circumstances.
Financial requirement for spouse visa uK 5 Years route
For a Spouse Visa UK 5 Years Route, you will need to demonstrate that your spouse (or both of you jointly if you are in the UK with valid leave to remain) has a gross annual income of at least:
- £18,600; plus
- £3,800 for a first child (who is not British, settled or an EEA national); plus
- £2,400 for each additional child (who is not British, settled or an EEA national).
You may be able to seek exemption from the financial requirements under special circumstances.
Required documents for spouse visa UK 5 years route
The required documents for spouse visa UK 5 years route are different according to individual’s circumstances. However, below is the general list of documents:
- Valid current passport;
- Proof that your relationship is genuine;
- Evidence of meeting the financial requirements;
- Evidence of meeting the adequate accommodation requirement;
- Proof of meeting the English language requirement;
- Details of any criminal convictions.
Switch from 10 years partner route to 5 years partner route
Are you on a 10-years spouse visa route and looking to switch to a 5-years route? Our UK spouse visa specialists can help you to switch from 10 years partner route to 5 years partner route. If you meet all the requirements of Appendix FM, you can switch to spouse visa UK 5 years route to apply ILR after 5 years as a spouse.
Free spouse visa advice online
Free immigration advice UK telephone is provided through phone on +441614644140. Our qualified and affordable immigration lawyers can provide immigration advice services in person or over the phone. You can leave your details here for a call back request from our immigration experts.
Please note that free immigration advice is subject to the availability of our immigration lawyers. We can provide one-off FREE general immigration advice online via email, online chat, or an enquiry form. The FREE advice does not cover the advice in relation to complex legal issues or advice about documents to be submitted in support of the application. For detailed advice, please book an appointment with our expert immigration lawyers today.
Why choose us for spouse visa UK 5 years route application?
Choosing the right and best immigration lawyer for your immigration needs can be stressful. While it could seem like a difficult choice, let us simplify things for you. Here are a few good reasons why you should choose Deluxe Law Chambers to assist you with your UK visas and immigration matters.
Our commitment to affordability means that you can receive expert advice without straining your finances. Our success hinges on transparency. We believe in keeping you informed about every step of the process, ensuring that you understand your options and the potential outcomes.
- REGULATED – We are regulated and approved immigration lawyers by The Office Of The Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC).
- EXPERIENCE – Our firm rests on specialist immigration lawyers and solicitors with years of experience. Our well-earned experience distinguishes us from others.
- EXPERTISE – As your immigration lawyer, we offer unparalleled expertise. We don’t just understand and interpret the law, we keep an eye on the slightest changes.
- AUTHORITY – Our authority isn’t just about legal powers but is gained through genuine care and successful outcomes for our clientele. So, why choose just a lawyer when you can choose a trusted authority?
- TRUST – Our commitment to uphold your trust is unwavering. Our transparency and ethical conduct are treatments for the trust placed in us by our clients.
- DIRECT ACCESS – At Deluxe Law Chambers as your immigration lawyers, you will have direct access to your qualified lawyer 24/7.
- AFFORDABLE – We are a law firm with an affordable and fixed fee plan. We offer two installments to ensure you can pay easily.
A combination of our rich experience, deep-rooted expertise, trust authority, and unwavering commitment to our clients makes us your best choice.
So, why wait? Take your first step towards a successful immigration application with us.