In this article, we will guide you how you can switch from a fiance visa to a spouse visa visa without leaving the UK.
Our experienced fiance visa lawyers can help you to switch from a fiance visa to a spouse visa before your fiance visa expires. A spouse visa UK will allow you to live permanently with your UK settled or British spouse. After 5 years of spouse visa UK, you can apply ILR.
Switch From A Fiance Visa To A Spouse Visa Without Leaving The UK
As a fiancé visa holder, you can switch to a spouse visa without leaving the UK, but typically the spouse visa application must be completed outside of the UK. You cannot work in the UK on a fiancee visa.
Requirements To Switch From A Fiance Visa To A Spouse Visa
In order to qualify to switch to a Spouse visa from a Fiancé visa, you and your partner or spouse must be over the age 18.
Your UK spouse or partner must also be a British or Irish citizen or have settled or pre-settled status in the UK.
To successfully switch to a Spouse visa, you must:
- Hold a valid Fiancé visa and not have breached any of the conditions associated with your entry clearance
- Satisfy the good character requirement
- Satisfy the genuine relationship requirement
- Meet the financial requirement
- Satisfy the accommodation requirement and provide evidence that you got married in the UK
You will need to meet all the requirements under Appendix FM.
How to prove genuine relationship requirement?
When switching from a Fiancé visa to a Spouse visa, one of the requirements the Home Office will consider is if your relationship with your UK based partner or spouse is genuine.
You can submit following documents to prove you are in a genuine and subsisting relationship with your UK based partner:
- Marriage certificate
- Documents showing cohabitation
- Screenshots of chat history
- Letter from friends and family endorsing your relationship as genuine
Can Spouse visas be refused?
Both UK fiancé visas and spouse visas can be refused if the Home Office suspects the relationship is not genuine or if the visa application has been submitted without sufficient evidence. Therefore, it is vital to seek legal spouse visa advice before making an application.
How can I switch to a spouse visa?
You may apply for a Spouse visa either from outside or inside the UK. Either way, you must apply online through the Home Office website.
To apply to switch from a fiancé visa to a spouse visa, you will need to complete the following steps:
- Complete the online FLR (M) application form
- Pay immigration health surcharge and application fee
- Book an appointment with a UKVCAS service centre
- Upload any document requested by the Home Office through UKVCAS portal
- Attend your UKVCAS appointment to provide your biometrics and photograph
What Are the Fees and Processing Times for a Spouse Visa?
Spouse visas cost £1,538 if you’re applying from outside the UK, and £1,048 if you’re applying from inside the UK. The processing time for a spouse visa around 3 to 6 months.
Where Are Our Immigration Lawyers Based In the UK?
Our immigration lawyers and advisers are based in Greater Manchester. Our office is located very close to South Levenshulme Post Office. You can visit our contact page to find our address and directions. We are located very close to Levenshulme Station (0.5 miles).
Need legal assistance with your spouse or fiancee visa application?
Choosing the right and best immigration lawyer for your immigration needs can be stressful. While it could seem like a difficult choice, let us simplify things for you. Here are a few good reasons why you should choose Deluxe Law Chambers to assist you with your UK visas and immigration matters.
Our commitment to affordability means that you can receive expert advice without straining your finances. Our success hinges on transparency. We believe in keeping you informed about every step of the process, ensuring that you understand your options and the potential outcomes.
- REGULATED – We are regulated and approved immigration lawyers by The Office Of The Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC).
- EXPERIENCE – Our firm rests on specialist immigration lawyers and solicitors with years of experience. Our well-earned experience distinguishes us from others.
- EXPERTISE – As your immigration lawyer, we offer unparalleled expertise. We don’t just understand and interpret the law, we keep an eye on the slightest changes.
- AUTHORITY – Our authority isn’t just about legal powers but is gained through genuine care and successful outcomes for our clientele. So, why choose just a lawyer when you can choose a trusted authority?
- TRUST – Our commitment to uphold your trust is unwavering. Our transparency and ethical conduct are treatments for the trust placed in us by our clients.
- DIRECT ACCESS – At Deluxe Law Chambers as your immigration lawyers, you will have direct access to your qualified lawyer 24/7.
- AFFORDABLE – We are a law firm with an affordable and fixed fee plan. We offer two installments to ensure you can pay easily.
A combination of our rich experience, deep-rooted expertise, trust authority, and unwavering commitment to our clients makes us your best choice.
So, why wait? Take your first step towards a successful immigration application with us.