Entry Clearance For Spouse Visa UK 2023
You can apply for a spouse visa entry clearance if you are married to a British citizen or settled person in the UK. Looking to apply for entry clearance for spouse visa UK? Call us on +441614644140 to discuss your spouse visa entry clearance application.
Spouse Visa Entry Clearance UK
In order to settle in the UK with a Spouse visa, you will first need to be given entry clearance so you can enter the country to join your British partner.
You need to apply for spouse visa entry clearance UK online if you are married to a British Citizen or settled person in the UK.
Spouse visa is also known as settlement visa or Appendix FM Partner visa to settle in the UK permanently. If the applicant meets the requirements for entry clearance as a spouse, the applicant will be granted entry clearance for an initial period of 2 years and 9 months, and subject to a condition of no recourse to public funds.
The UK Spouse Visa can lead to indefinite leave to remain or settlement in the UK after a period of 5 years.
Entry Clearance For Spouse Visa UK [Priority Service For Fast Decision]
Our specialist immigration lawyers can guide you to apply for a spouse visa from outside the UK under priority service to get a fast decision. An application for a UK spouse visa is made online to the Home Office.
To qualify for a UK spouse visa entry clearance, you must meet the spouse visa requirements of Appendix FM of the immigration rules. If your spouse visa from outside the UK is successful, you will be granted a spouse visa for 33 months. After the successful decision of your spouse visa, you must enter the UK within 90 days. Before the expiry of your spouse visa, you need to renew the same for another 30 months. After spending a total period of 5 years as a spouse, you will be able to apply for ILR as a spouse of a British citizen.
Specialist spouse visa lawyers for entry clearance
Deluxe Law Chambers solely specialises in UK visas & immigration and therefore we provide high-quality UK visa and immigration services to our clients. The quality service provided by our UK immigration lawyers is self-evident from our 5-star Google Reviews.
If you require Immigration Advice Services or help with an immigration problem, please contact +441614644140 or email us at email@example.com for fast, professional, and affordable immigration advice from our highly experienced UK immigration lawyers. You can book an appointment online for a detailed immigration consultation.
Our experienced spouse visa lawyers can help you to apply for spouse visa entry clearance from outside the UK if you meet all the spouse visa requirements of Appendix FM of the Immigration Rules.
How To Apply For UK Spouse Visa Entry Clearance?
The spouse visa entry clearance application is submitted online. In order to successfully apply for a spouse visa application from outside the UK, you will need to pay immigration health surcharge, pay for the UKVI application fee, book an appointment at the local visa application centre, and upload the documents before attending the appointment. Ask a question to our expert spouse visa lawyers and solicitors for free advice for your spouse visa entry clearance application.
Spouse Visa Entry Clearance Requirements
In order to apply for a UK Spouse Visa, you will need to meet the following requirements:
- Your partner is British or Irish, settled in the UK, has received pre-settled status, is a refugee, or is otherwise entitled to humanitarian protection;
- You and your partner are both over the age of 18;
- You and your partner have met in person;
- You and your partner are legally married in a marriage that is recognised in the UK and you are in a genuine relationship;
- You and your partner intend to live together permanently in the UK;
- You meet the financial requirement of £18,600 if applying along;
- There is adequate accommodation for you and any dependents;
- You speak and understand English of A1 or above (if applicable);
- You have the UK TB test (if required).
You can book an appointment with us to discuss your spouse visa entry clearance application.
Documents Required For Spouse Visa Entry Clearance
In order to successfully obtain a UK spouse visa entry clearance, you must provide all the following supporting documents:
- Copy of your photo ID, i.e., your passport;
- Copy of your birth certificate;
- Copy of the UK spouse’s passport;
- Copy of the marriage certificate (needs to be translated in English, if not in English already);
- Proof of relationship i.e., marriage certificate, pictures, and evidence of subsisting relationship
- Proof of English language test A1 or above (if required);
- Proof of TB Test (if required);
- Proof of financial requirement being met, i.e., bank statements, payslips, employment letter, P60 and employment contract;
- Documents of suitable accommodation for the application and dependents (if any dependents);
You can contact us to have an exact list of documents according to your circumstances.
Financial Requirement for spouse visa entry clearance
One of the key requirement for a spouse visa entry clearance UK is the financial requirement. If the applicant does not meet the financial requirement, the applicant will be refused. The applicant must provide the evidence that the UK sponsor’s annual gross income is equivalent or above as given in the table below:
|Applicant applying with no children||£18,600 gross per annum|
|Applicant applying with 1 non-settled / non-British child||£22,400 gross per annum|
|Applicant applying with 2 non-settled / non-British children||£24,800 gross per annum|
|Applicant applying with 3 non-settled / non-British children||£27,200 gross per annum|
|Applicant applying with 4 non-settled / non-British children||£29,600 gross per annum|
|Applicant applying with 5 non-settled / non-British children||£32,00 gross per annum|
You can arrange an appointment with our spouse visa entry clearance lawyers for a detailed immigration advice and consultation session.
Various Ways To Meet The Financial Requirement
Where the applicant has to meet the minimum income threshold, the financial requirement can generally be met in the following five ways:
- Income from salaried or non-salaried employment of the partner (and/or the applicant if they are in the UK with permission to work). This is referred to as Category A or Category B, depending on the employment history.
- Non-employment income, e.g. income from property rental or dividends from shares. This is referred to as Category C.
- Cash savings of the applicant’s partner and/or the applicant, above £16,000, held by the partner and/or the applicant for at least 6 months and under their control. This is referred to as Category D.
- State (UK or foreign), occupational or private pension of the applicant’s partner and/or the applicant. This is referred to as Category E.
- Income from self-employment, and income as a director or employee of a specified limited company in the UK, of the partner (and/or the applicant if they are in the UK with permission to work). This is referred to as Category F or Category G, depending on which financial year(s) is or are being relied upon.
Exemptions From Financial Requirement
If the UK sponsor is in receipt of any of the following benefits or allowances in the UK, the applicant will be able to meet the financial requirement by providing evidence of “adequate maintenance” rather than meeting an income threshold of £18,600 or above:
- Carer’s Allowance.
- Disability Living Allowance.
- Severe Disablement Allowance.
- Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit.
- Attendance Allowance.
- Personal Independence Payment (PIP).
- Armed Forces Independence Payment or Guaranteed Income Payment under the Armed Forces Compensation Scheme.
- Constant Attendance Allowance, Mobility Supplement or War Disablement Pension under the War Pensions Scheme.
- Police Injury Pension.
If the applicant’s partner is in receipt of one of the above benefits or allowances on behalf of their child, the applicant will be able to qualify by meeting the financial requirement through “adequate maintenance”. The evidence required to demonstrate that the applicant’s partner is in receipt of a specified benefit or allowance is specified in Appendix FM-SE.
Adequate Accommodation Requirement For Spouse Visa Entry Clearance
In order to apply for a spouse visa entry clearance, you must provide the evidence that there will be adequate accommodation, without recourse to public funds, for the family, including other family members who are not included in the application but who live in the same household, which the family own or occupy exclusively: accommodation will not be regarded as adequate if-
- it is, or will be, overcrowded; or
- it contravenes public health regulations.
English Language Requirement For Spouse Visa Entry Clearance
The applicant must provide specified evidence that he/she:
- has passed an English language test in speaking and listening at a minimum of level A1 of the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) for Languages with a provider approved by the Home Office, UKVI; or
- has an academic qualification recognised by ECCTIS to be equivalent to the standard of a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or PhD in the UK, which was taught in English; or
- is exempt from the English language requirement:
Home Office fees for a spouse visa entry clearance
The Home Office UKVI fees for the spouse visa entry clearance application from outside the UK are as below:
- Application fee: £1538
- Immigration Health Surcharge (IHS) for partner: £1872
If you have a dependent child applying with you at the same time, then you will pay the following fee for the child:
- Application fee: £1538
- Immigration Health Surcharge (IHS) for each child: £1410
Our Fixed Fees For Spouse Visa Entry clearance Application
|Our Service||Our Fixed Fees Range|
|Full service for spouse visa Entry Clearance to cover all the work until decision by the Entry Clearance Officer (ECO)||From £1,000 To £1,400|
|Documents checking service||£350|
our related spouse visa services
Our spouse visa specialists will provide can provide following services to for spouse visa applications:
Switching Into the Spouse Visa Route From Within the UK
You can apply to switch from your existing visa to a spouse visa within the UK. This means, you will not leave the UK to apply for a spouse visa with a few exceptions.
Why choose us for your spouse visa entry clearance application?
Choosing the right and best immigration lawyer for your immigration needs can be stressful. While it could seem like a difficult choice, let us simplify things for you. Here are a few good reasons why you should choose Deluxe Law Chambers to assist you with your UK visas and immigration matters.
Our commitment to affordability means that you can receive expert advice without straining your finances. Our success hinges on transparency. We believe in keeping you informed about every step of the process, ensuring that you understand your options and the potential outcomes.
- REGULATED – We are regulated and approved immigration lawyers by The Office Of The Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC).
- EXPERIENCE – Our firm rests on specialist immigration lawyers and solicitors with years of experience. Our well-earned experience distinguishes us from others.
- EXPERTISE – As your immigration lawyer, we offer unparalleled expertise. We don’t just understand and interpret the law, we keep an eye on the slightest changes.
- AUTHORITY – Our authority isn’t just about legal powers but is gained through genuine care and successful outcomes for our clientele. So, why choose just a lawyer when you can choose a trusted authority?
- TRUST – Our commitment to uphold your trust is unwavering. Our transparency and ethical conduct are treatments for the trust placed in us by our clients.
- DIRECT ACCESS – At Deluxe Law Chambers as your immigration lawyers, you will have direct access to your qualified lawyer 24/7.
- AFFORDABLE – We are a law firm with an affordable and fixed fee plan. We offer two installments to ensure you can pay easily.
A combination of our rich experience, deep-rooted expertise, trust authority, and unwavering commitment to our clients makes us your best choice.
So, why wait? Take your first step towards a successful immigration application with us.
Frequently Asked Questions
When can you apply for a spouse visa entry clearance?
You can apply for a spouse visa every next day once you are married and your marriage is legally registered.
What is the spouse visa entry clearance processing time?
Th current timeframe to decide a spouse visa entry clearance is 60 days under standard service and 30 working days under priority service.
How much is the Home Office priority service fee for spouse visa entry clearance?
The Home Office charge additional £573 for priority service for a spouse visa from outside the UK.
Is fast track service available for a spouse visa entry clearance application?
Yes, you can apply for a spouse visa from outside the UK under priority service to get a faster decision.
Can I work in the UK on a spouse visa?
Yes you will be able to work as employed or self-employed in the UK on a spouse visa.