Naturalisation As A British Citizen After ILR Grant
Looking for lawyers to apply for British citizenship. Our lawyers can help you to apply for Naturalisation as a British citizen online and paper application form after you are granted with ILR.
Our experienced lawyers for British citizenship provide affordable and fast services for you to apply for naturalisation as a British citizen after you have been granted indefinite leave to remain in the UK.
Deluxe Law Chambers solely specialises in UK visas & immigration and therefore we provide high-quality UK visa and immigration services to our clients. The quality service provided by our UK immigration lawyers is self-evident from our 5-star Google Reviews.
Naturalisation as a British citizen guidance
This British citizenship guidance will explain everything you need to know to apply for British citizenship by naturalisation.
Those who have been granted ILR in the UK, also know as settlement can apply for British citizenship under British nationality act 1981.
Our expert UK citizenship & nationality lawyers will guide you through every step of the British citizenship application process including advice about legal requirements and eligibility criteria.
If you require Immigration Advice Services or help with an immigration problem, please contact +441614644140 or email us at email@example.com for fast, professional, and affordable immigration advice from our highly experienced UK immigration lawyers. You can book an appointment online for a detailed immigration consultation.
Specialist immigration lawyers for British citizenship application by Naturalisation
Our naturalisation immigration lawyers are specialist in dealing with naturalisation application online or paper form application. As nationality immigration lawyers, we can deal with your citizenship application on a fixed fee basis. You can ask a free question from our citizenship lawyers for free advice or book an appointment for detailed immigration consultation.
What is naturalisation as a British citizen?
Naturalisation is the process to become a British citizen after ILR. It is one of the most easy and common way to become a British citizen.
To obtain British citizenship by naturalisation, you must have ILR and lived in the UK for a certain period of time. You will need to meet certain other requirements as listed below.
Requirements for British citizenship by naturalisation
You will need to meet all the requirements of British Nationality Act 1981 to obtain British citizenship by naturalisation.
To qualify for British citizenship through naturalisation, you must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- You must be 18 years of age of above, or if you are between the age of 16 and 18, you must have parental consent to apply.
- You meet the residence requirement. If you are not a spouse or civil partner of a British Citizen, you must have been resident in the UK for at least last 5 years and must not have been absent from the UK for more than 450 days in last 5 years. If you are a spouse or civil partner of a British Citizen, you must have been resident in the UK for at least last 3 years and must not have been absent from the UK for more than 270 days in last 3 years. You should also not be absent from the UK for more than 90 days in last 12 months before the date of application for naturalisation. Also, you must be physically in the UK on day one of the relevant 5 years or 3 years qualifying period of residence.
- You are of a Good character.
- You need to pass life in the UK test and and an English language test.
- You must intend to permanently live in the UK.
Residence requirement for naturalisation
To meet the residence requirement for British citizenship, you should have lived in the UK for at least 5 years before the date of your application.
The applicant should not have spent more than 450 days outside the UK during the 5 years before your application and should not have spent more than 90 days outside the UK in the last 12 months.
English language requirements for naturalisation
If you are applying for British citizenship by naturalisation and you’re 18 or over then you might need to prove your knowledge of the English language.
The British citizenship applicants must meet the English language requirements to prove that they can read, write, speak and understand English to a certain level on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) scale.
Documents required to apply for naturalisation
To obtain British citizenship by naturalisation, you will need to provide several documents in the support of your naturalisation application depending on your personal circumstances.
You must provide the following documents when you apply for British citizenship by naturalisation:
- Your current passport or the valid ID document
- Your BRP card (if have been issued to you)
- Proof you have Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) or settled status
- List of absences from the UK
- Proof of knowledge of English or English language test certificate
- Life in the UK test certificate
Read the guidance for the full list of documents you’ll need to provide in the support of your British citizenship application.
Can I apply for British Citizenship straight after ILR?
If you are married to a British citizen, you can apply for Naturalisation as a British Citizen straight after ILR.
If you are not married to a British citizen, you will need wait at least 12 months before you can apply for British citizenship through naturalisation. This means that you can apply for British Citizenship by Naturalisation 12 months after being granted ILR.
How many days can I stay outside the UK to qualify for British Citizenship?
In order to qualify for naturalisation as British citizen, you will need to have spent not more than 90 days outside the UK during the 12 months period immediately before the date of your application for British Citizenship by Naturalisation.
- If you are not married to a British citizen, you will also need to have not been away from the UK for more than 450 days days during the preceding 5 years.
- If you are married to a British citizen, you will need to have spent not more than 270 days outside the UK in the previous 3 years.
British passport application after naturalisation as a British citizen
Once you receive your certificate of naturalisation as a British citizen, you can apply for your first British passport. You cannot apply for you British passport without certificate of naturalisation as a British citizen.
How to apply for Naturalisation?
UK citizenship processing time after biometrics
You should get a decision on your British citizenship application within 3-6 months.
Why choose us for your naturalisation application as a British citizen?
Choosing the right and best immigration lawyer for your immigration needs can be stressful. While it could seem like a difficult choice, let us simplify things for you. Here are a few good reasons why you should choose Deluxe Law Chambers to assist you with your UK visas and immigration matters.
Our commitment to affordability means that you can receive expert advice without straining your finances. Our success hinges on transparency. We believe in keeping you informed about every step of the process, ensuring that you understand your options and the potential outcomes.
- REGULATED – We are regulated and approved immigration lawyers by The Office Of The Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC).
- EXPERIENCE – Our firm rests on specialist immigration lawyers and solicitors with years of experience. Our well-earned experience distinguishes us from others.
- EXPERTISE – As your immigration lawyer, we offer unparalleled expertise. We don’t just understand and interpret the law, we keep an eye on the slightest changes.
- AUTHORITY – Our authority isn’t just about legal powers but is gained through genuine care and successful outcomes for our clientele. So, why choose just a lawyer when you can choose a trusted authority?
- TRUST – Our commitment to uphold your trust is unwavering. Our transparency and ethical conduct are treatments for the trust placed in us by our clients.
- DIRECT ACCESS – At Deluxe Law Chambers as your immigration lawyers, you will have direct access to your qualified lawyer 24/7.
- AFFORDABLE – We are a law firm with an affordable and fixed fee plan. We offer two installments to ensure you can pay easily.
A combination of our rich experience, deep-rooted expertise, trust authority, and unwavering commitment to our clients makes us your best choice.
So, why wait? Take your first step towards a successful immigration application with us.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
How do I become a British citizen by naturalisation?
You will need to make an online application for naturalisation as a British citizen after ILR.
Is British citizenship the same as naturalization?
There are different ways to apply for British citizenship (or ‘naturalisation’) based on your circumstances. If you’re eligible in more than one way you can choose which way to apply.
How long does naturalisation as a British citizen take?
You’ll usually get a decision within 6 months – some applications can take longer. It may take longer than the usual 6 months
How to apply for first UK passport after naturalisation?
It costs £82.50 to apply for first British passport after naturalisation as a British citizen.
Can I use BRP after naturalisation?
You must send your biometric residence permit ( BRP ) back to the Home Office within 5 working days of getting your certificate of naturalisation as a British citizen.