Registering A Child As A British Citizen – MN1 Application
We can help you to complete and submit MN1 application if your child is under 18 and qualifies for British Citizenship through birth or adoption. An application for registration of your child as a British citizen can be made using application form MN1.
Most applications for registration of children as British Citizens are made using application form MN1. You can use the MN1 form to register your child both from inside the UK and outside the UK.
Children who are under the age of 18 years can apply for registration as British citizens using MN1 Application under various sections of the British Nationality Act 1981. Children must be under 18 years old when the application is made. Once they reach the age of 18 they must apply for British citizenship as adults, either by registration if they have an entitlement, or by naturalisation.
What is the law for the registration of a child as a British citizen?
You can apply to register your under 18 child as a British citizen by using form MN1 if one of their parents is a British citizen or applying to become British.
- Section 1 (3) birth in the UK to parents who are now settled in the UK or have become British citizens;
- Section 1 (3A) birth in the UK to parents who have joined the armed forces;
- Section 3 (1) child whose parents are applying for British citizenship;
- Section 3 (2) birth abroad to parents who are British by descent and have lived in the UK or a British overseas territory;
- Section 3 (5) birth abroad to parents who are British by descent but are now living in the UK or a British overseas territory;
- Section 3 (1) children adopted abroad by British citizen parents;
- Section 3 (1) children whose parents had renounced and subsequently resumed British citizenship;
- Section 3 (1) any other case not listed below where it is considered to be in the child’s best interests to be granted British citizenship;
- Section 4D birth abroad to parents serving in the armed forces
Requirements to register a child as a British citizen?
Children are entitled to registration under section 1(3) of the British Nationality Act 1981 if:
- they were born in the UK
- they were not British citizens at birth because at the time neither parent was a British citizen or settled
- while they are minors either of the parents has since become a British citizen or settled in the UK
- they are under the age of 18 on the date the application is received
- they are of good character if over the age of 10
How to apply to register a child as a British citizen?
You can make an application online or by post using the form MN1 for registration of a child under 18 as a British citizen in accordance with British Nationality Act 1981.
If you want to get British citizenship for your child, you can apply to ‘register’ them as a British citizen. Registering is a way of applying for British citizenship.
Your child needs British citizenship before they can get a UK passport.
If your child is over 18 years old, they’ll need to apply as an adult – check citizenship eligibility for adults.
Immigration lawyer fees for MN1 Application
At Deluxe Law Chambers, our UK nationality lawyer charges a fixed fee between £700-£900 for our complete legal services in relation to your citizenship application. The agreed fixed fee will depend on the complexity of the matter and the casework involved in the matter.
Need help with the British citizenship application?
If you need legal advice or help with your British citizenship application, our lawyer can provide legal assistance.
Our citizenship lawyer will assess your eligibility and personal circumstances to determine if you can apply for British citizenship and meet the requirements.
British citizenship lawyer at Deluxe Law Chambers will:
- advise you about eligibility criteria and the requirement;
- provide you with a comprehensive checklist of required documents;
- fill in and submit your British citizenship application;
- schedule your biometrics appointments;
- upload all the supporting documents online in their correct format and order;
- prepare a cover letter or letter of representation to support your application.
- dealing and responding to any enquiries or correspondence from the Home Office;
- do all the follow-up work on your British citizenship application until a decision is received from the Home Office UKVI.
Why choose deluxe law chambers?
Choosing the right and best immigration lawyer for your immigration needs can be stressful. While it could seem like a difficult choice, let us simplify things for you. Here are a few good reasons why you should choose Deluxe Law Chambers to assist you with your UK visas and immigration matters.
Our commitment to affordability means that you can receive expert advice without straining your finances. Our success hinges on transparency. We believe in keeping you informed about every step of the process, ensuring that you understand your options and the potential outcomes.
- REGULATED – We are regulated and approved immigration lawyers by The Office Of The Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC).
- EXPERIENCE – Our firm rests on specialist immigration lawyers and solicitors with years of experience. Our well-earned experience distinguishes us from others.
- EXPERTISE – As your immigration lawyer, we offer unparalleled expertise. We don’t just understand and interpret the law, we keep an eye on the slightest changes.
- AUTHORITY – Our authority isn’t just about legal powers but is gained through genuine care and successful outcomes for our clientele. So, why choose just a lawyer when you can choose a trusted authority?
- TRUST – Our commitment to uphold your trust is unwavering. Our transparency and ethical conduct are treatments for the trust placed in us by our clients.
- DIRECT ACCESS – At Deluxe Law Chambers as your immigration lawyers, you will have direct access to your qualified lawyer 24/7.
- AFFORDABLE – We are a law firm with an affordable and fixed fee plan. We offer two installments to ensure you can pay easily.
A combination of our rich experience, deep-rooted expertise, trust authority, and unwavering commitment to our clients makes us your best choice.
So, why wait? Take your first step towards a successful immigration application with us.